124 Eye-Opening Digital Marketing Statistics (2023)
Are you looking for up-to-date digital marketing statistics to enhance your digital marketing strategies?
We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of current digital marketing statistics with beautiful infographics so you can use the data to grow your business or craft an effective marketing strategy.
No time to go through all the statistics?
Feel free to jump to the digital marketing statistics that interest you the most through this table of contents:
- Website Statistics
- E-commerce Statistics
- SEO Statistics
- Local SEO Statistics
- Mobile SEO Statistics
- PPC Statistics
- Facebook Ads Statistics
- Email Marketing Statistics
- Social Media Marketing Statistics
- Video Marketing Statistics
Okay, let’s start from website statistics.
17 Crucial Website Statistics that Impact Your Business
- 75% of users admit to making judgments about a company’s credibility based on their website’s design. (Kinesis)
- 89% of consumers shop with a competitor after a poor user experience. (WebFX)
- 85% of B2B customers search the web before making a purchase decision. (Clarity Quest)
- 95% of a website user’s first impressions is design-related. (Kinesis)
- Website is the #2 channel used in marketing, behind social media (Hubspot)
- 72% of small businesses have a website. (PR Newswire)
- It is worthwhile to invest in your site’s user experience (UX) because for every dollar invested in UX, there’s $100 return. (WebFx)
- 90% of website pages don’t generate organic traffic. (Databox) Find what optimization you can apply to your website with our free complete SEO checklist.
- Over 50% of all worldwide website traffic comes from mobile phones. (Ziflow) Make sure your website is mobile-friendly by using this tool.
- Photos/images (40%), colour (39%), and videos (21%) were the top visual elements consumers appreciate in website design. (Top Design Firms)
- The first 5 seconds of page-load time have the highest impact on conversion rates. (Portent)
- Nearly 70% of consumers admit that page speed influences their likeliness to buy. (Unbounce)
- 64% of smartphone users expect a web page to load in four seconds or less (Website Builder Expert)
- Users spend 88% more time on pages with videos. (WebFX)
- 73.1% of web designers believe that a non-responsive design is a top reason why visitors leave a website. (Goodfirms)
Image Source: GoodFirms
- 50% of consumers believe that website design is crucial to a business’s overall brand. (Top Design Firms)
- 42% of people will leave a website because of poor functionality. (Top Design Firms)
Unquestionably, your website directly depicts your brand.
It’s crucial to carve out a space where your brand and your offerings stand out to grab the attention of your target users through good website design.
If you need help in website design or redesign, do contact us today!
Want to learn more about VeecoTech’s approach to web design? Visit here today.
20 Useful E-commerce Statistics You Need to Know
- E-commerce will make up 22% of global retail sales by 2023. (Big Commerce)
- 58.4% of internet users buy something online every week. (Datareportal)
- 3 out of 4 consumers say they shop from their phones. (The Social Shepherd)
- More than 40% of e-commerce businesses agreed that SEO is the channel that delivers the best results for e-commerce websites. (Databox)
- Mobile commerce keeps growing. In 2021, $3.56 Trillion in retail e-commerce sales were made from mobile users (Ecommerce Guide)
- 62% of consumers would prefer to use a customer service bot rather than waiting for human agents to answer their requests. (Tidio)
- 81% of customers trust the advice of their friends and family first. (Hubspot)
- 95% of consumers surveyed would buy from a brand again if they had a satisfactory return experience. (Martech)
- Online stores with a social media presence have up to 32% more sales on average. (Big Commerce)
- The global average e-commerce conversion rate is 2.58%. (Markin Blog)
- The top reason for cart abandonment is because of additional fees such as high shipping fees. (Barilliance)
- 53% of people say free shipping is the top reason they shop online. (Oberlo)
- Ecommerce stores that have Facebook Messenger chatbot along with an abandoned cart chatbox boost revenue by between 7 and 25%. (Thrive My Way)
- Conversion rates on mobile apps are higher, roughly 3x greater than on the mobile web. (Martech)
- Globally, credit cards are the preferred method of payment, being used in 53% of transactions, followed by digital payment systems (43%) and debit cards (38%). (Kinsta)
- 42% of customers want more testimonials from e-commerce sites. (Big Commerce)
- 69% of online shoppers want more reviews from e-commerce sites. (Big Commerce)
- 77% of people take the time to read product reviews before they make any purchases online (Business.com)
Image Source: Wordstream
- Mobile shoppers who read product reviews on social media channels show conversion rates of up to 133% (Kinsta)
- Brands adopting voice search may grow e-commerce revenue by 30%. (Big Commerce)
- 6 in 10 marketers say Messenger AI can deliver personalized attention to website visitors by being more conversational. (Netomi)
If there’s one thing all the above statistics reveal, it’s that ecommerce isn’t a choice—it’s a necessity.
Whether you’re selling product or service, you definitely need ecommerce store.
Want to stay ahead of the competition but not sure where to start?
20 Surprising but Important SEO Statistics
- Businesses that blog get 55% more traffic to their websites. Start your blog today to boost your organic traffic. (Hubspot)
- Nearly 60% of the pages ranking in the top 10 Google results are 3 or more years old. (Ahrefs)
- The top 3 ranking signals used by Google are content, links and RankBrain, according to Andrey Lipattsev, the Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google. (Search Engine Land)
- On average, long content receives 77.2% more backlinks than short articles. (Backlinko)
- According to Databox, it takes 3-6 Months for SEO Strategy to deliver results. (Databox)
- The average content length of the top position Google article contains 1,447 words. (Backlinko)
- More than 70% of SEO experts found that blogs are the most helpful SEO resources. (Databox)
- Organic search is the digital marketing channel that brings in the highest ROI. (Search Engine Journal)
- Updating old blog posts can bring you faster results than writing new content. (Databox).
- Although long-tailed keywords have less search volume, they have a click-through rate of 3-5% higher than generic searches. (Smart Insight)
Local SEO Statistics
- 46% of all searches on Google are for a local business or local service (Hubspot)
- ‘Where to buy’ + ‘near me’ mobile queries have grown by over 200% in the past two years (Google)
- 88% of consumers who do a local search on their smartphone visit or call a store within a day (SEO Expert Brad)
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results (Hubspot)
- Only 44% of local retailers have claimed a Google My Business Listing. (Local Marketing Institutes). [P.s. You should claim yours today! Read this to learn how to claim yours for free]
Mobile SEO Statistics
- 52.2% of all website traffic worldwide comes from mobile phones. (Statista)
- The ranking in position #1 on mobile gets you 27.7% of the clicks compare to 19.3% of clicks on desktop. (SEOClarity).
- More than 50% of smartphone users have discovered a new brand or product through mobile search. (Google)
- 30% of Google searches from a mobile device include a location. (Google)
- 87% of mobile owners use a search engine on a daily basis. (Go-Globe)
As SEO provides a much higher ROI than many other marketing channels. it’s no surprise that companies invest heavily in SEO.
But, SEO is not easy as it requires continuous effort.
To reduce your efforts in discovering what you need to do, I’ve created a complete SEO checklist for you.
And if you looking to get started with SEO, come explore our SEO services to see exactly what we would do for you today.
20 Google Ads and Facebook Ads Statistics You Need to Know
- Brand awareness can be increased by up to 80% through Google paid ads. (Smallbizgenius)
- Google Ads have a 200% ROI (earning $2 for every $1 spent). (WebFx)
- For beginners, Google recommends a PPC budget of $10-$50 per day. (Google)
- The Google advertising network reaches 90% of internet users. (Think with Google)
- 68% of marketers stated that paid advertising is “very important” or “extremely important” to their overall marketing strategy. (Hubspot)
- 41% of clicks in Google searches go to the top three sponsored ads. (Wordstream)
- The average click-through rate (CTR) in Google ads across all industries is 3.17% for search and 0.46% for display. (Wordstream)
- The average cost per click (CPC) in Google ads across all industries is $2.69 for search and $0.63 for display. (Wordstream)
- The average conversion rate in Google ads across all industries is 3.75% for search and 0.77% for display. (Wordstream)
- 53% of paid clicks are made on mobile devices. (Investpcro)
- 52% of online shoppers who click on a PPC ad will follow up with a call to the business. (Smallbizgenius)
Facebook Advertising Statistics
- 93% of marketers use Facebook advertising regularly. (Social Media Examiner)
- For Facebook ads, video content is the most popular content with almost 69% of marketers saying it performs the best. (Databox)
- 58% of surveyed Facebook users visited a brand’s website from a Story ad and 31% browsed a Facebook Shop. (Hootsuite)
- The average cost-per-click (CPC) for Facebook ads is $0.93. (Revealbot)
- The average conversion rate (CVR) for Facebook ads across all industries is 9.21%. (Wordstream)
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound. (Therefore remember to add video transcription!) (Digiday)
- More than 90% of visitors who read your Facebook ads headline also read your call to action (CTA). (Wordstream).
- Retargeting ads are 76% more likely to get clicks than Display Ads. (Kilentboost).
- People are 70% more likely to convert when they are retargeted. (Growthbadger).
If you want to promote your business fast, paid advertising is a powerful platform that you should consider.
However, you should set a goal for your campaign to ensure it speaks to your target audience’s interests.
Need help to create the right ad that boost awareness, website traffic, and conversions? Feel free to contact our experts today!
15 Email Marketing Statistics that will transform Your Marketing Strategy
- Email marketing ROI is 4200% (Spent $1 make $42!) (Snov)
- 59% of respondents say that marketing emails have influenced their purchases. (Salescycle)
- 70% of marketers said their highest-performing emails were sent from a person, not a brand. (Databox)
- Nearly 9 of every 10 marketers use email marketing to distribute their content (Content Marketing Institute)
- Emails with personalized subject lines generate 50% higher open rates. (Yes Marketing)
- On average, the open rate for email marketing is 18% (Tidio)
- 47% of email recipients will open your email based solely on the subject line. (Optinmonster)
- Over 60% of small businesses say their email marketing strategy is effective. (Tidio)
- Including the value your recipients get by opening the email into the subject lines increases open rates by up to 85%. (Databox)
- Most marketers (66%) created a responsive email template as one of their efforts to optimize for mobile devices. (Tidio)
- 48% of B2B marketers agree that email marketing is the most effective marketing channel in driving conversions. (Tidio)
- 93% of the email content is blog posts and short articles (Tidio)
- The three best days to send emails are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. (Engine Miller, Sendinblue)
- The best time to send email are: 10am and between 3pm and 4pm. (Sendinblue)
- 33.3% of marketers said they sent weekly emails, and 26.7% sent monthly emails. (The Seventh Sense)
Many businesses have generate tons of traffic and conversion through email marketing.
So, there’s no doubt that email marketing be helpful in 2022.
You should consider it if you really want to grow your business.
22 Essential Social Media Marketing Statistics
- There are now 4.62 billion people using social media around the world. (Hootsuite)
- The average daily time spent using social media is 2 hours 29 minutes. (Smart Insight)
- The average person has 8 social accounts. (Hootsuite)
- 2 in 3 people say that Instagram helps them to connect with brands. (Hootsuite)
- For the average Instagram Business account, 62.7% of all main feed posts are photos, while 16.3% are videos and 21% are photo carousels. (Hootsuite)
- The average engagement on Instagram business account posts is 0.83%. (Hootsuite)
- 57% of people recently surveyed say they’d prefer seeing polls and quizzes from brands on Instagram compared to other platforms. (Instagram Business)
- 44% of people use Instagram weekly to shop using features like shopping tags and the Shop tag. (Instagram Business)
- Facebook is the most-used social media platform in the world. (HootSuite)
Image Source: Datareportal
- 66% of Facebook users visit a local business page at least once a week. (Facebook)
- People are 53% more likely to buy from a business using live chat (Facebook Business)
- Facebook is second to YouTube in live video with 42.6% of user shares (Insider Intelligence)
- The majority of people use TikTok to find funny/entertaining content. (Hootsuite)
- TikTok is the number-one app for driving consumer spending. (Hootsuite)
- 73% report that they feel a deeper connection to companies. (TikTok)
- The highest performing videos are between 21 and 34 seconds long. (Hootsuite)
- 37% of TikTik users discover a product on the app and immediately want to buy it. (they call it an “infinity loop’) (TikTok)
- 40% of B2B marketers surveyed indicated LinkedIn as the most effective channel for driving high-quality leads. (LinkedIn Business)
- 77% of content marketers say LinkedIn produces the best organic results. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Companies that post weekly on LinkedIn see a 2x higher engagement rate (LinkedIn Business)
- LinkedIn posts with images get 2x higher engagement. (Recommended size: 1200 x 627 pixels) (LinkedIn Business)
- There are 77 job applications submitted every second on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn Pressroom)
There’s no need to wonder about the benefits of social media to your business.
However, don’t do all at once.
Focus on 1-2 channels you prefer, then expand to other channels if necessary.
10 Powerful Video Marketing Statistics
- First-page videos on YouTube are an average length of 14 minutes and 50 seconds. (Backlinko)
- 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. (Wyzowl).
- 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media (Animato)
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year. (Optinmonster)
- 73% of consumers prefer watching a video to reading about a product. (Wyzowl)
- 78% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy or download a piece of software or app by watching a video. (Wyzowl)
- 65% of Gen Z want more content that is relevant to them compared to popular content. (Youtube)
- Nearly 74% of the video are explainer videos. (Wyzowl)
- On average, people spend 19 minutes on YouTube daily. (Broadband Search)
- People are twice as likely to share video content with their friends than blog posts and social media posts. (Wyzowl)
No doubt, video marketing boosts your digital marketing ROI.
You should consider video marketing as one of the digital marketing strategies.
However, you might ask “How can I outrank my competitors?”
You just need to remember that there are still many ways you can rank higher and improve your video marketing efforts for your business.
If you’re struggling to come up with top video content ideas, feel free to contact us!
I hope you enjoyed digital marketing statistics 😄
If you liked this article, please share it to your friends and follow us on Facebook.
Feel free to share your ideas in the comments section below.